The original Carbon-Z® Cub was ground-breaking and created a new category for large-scale, electric-powered models. Based on a platform that was known for legendary versatility, its lightweight and exceptionally strong, composite-reinforced and hollow-core design was mostly factory-finished and assembled so it was easier for more pilots to go "BIG" than ever before. The E-flite® Carbon-Z Cub SS 2.1m is an updated and refined version of the original, equipped with a long list of new features for improved flight performance, capabilities and convenience so you can enjoy a giant-scale flying experience unlike any other.
- An updated and refined version of the ground-breaking and category-creating original Carbon-Z Cub
- Giant-scale 84"/2.1m wingspan with lightweight and exceptionally strong composite-reinforced, hollow-core Carbon-Z construction
- Drooped wing tip design increases wing and aileron area for significantly improved slow speed performance and control
- Thumbscrews with decorative gas caps and snap-on antennas to easily install/remove the two-piece wing without tools
- Modified flap design allows them to travel both ways for full-span aileron and other mixing options
- Articulated and shock-absorbing landing gear with improved and strengthened mounts
- Even larger oversized, tundra-style wheels with softer tires for better ground handling
- Fully-molded top and bottom landing gear covers for a more scale-like appearance
- More secure rear mount and cross braces for the optional floats (sold separately)
- Quick-release, multi-position battery mounting tray (inspired by www.MorganMill.com/RC) fits 4–6S 3200–7000mAh batteries
- Improved design motor with added bearing for smoother, more reliable performance
- 15x7 propeller molded from material that better maintains balance and stiffness
- IC5 connector (compatible with EC5 connectors) on the 60-amp ESC for better and more reliable power delivery
- Vibrant, high-visibility Carbon Cub SS Signature trim and color scheme
- Spektrum™ AR636 6-channel receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative, optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Six factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Convenient push-button released, top-mounted hatch for easy battery access
- Extremely wide scale and mild to beyond-scale aerobatic and wild flight envelope
- Tow up to 3-meter span sailplanes with the included aerotow mechanism (servo sold separately)
Needed to Complete
- Full-range 6+ channel Spektrum DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 4–6S 14.8–22.2V 3200–7000mAh LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
- CA Glue & Threadlock
What's in the Box?
- (1) E-flite Carbon-Z Cub SS 2.1m with:
- (1) 60A Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (included)
- (6) Digital, Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ AR636 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
The E-flite® Carbon-Z® Cub SS 2.1m makes it easier than ever to enjoy a truly unique and versatile giant-scale flying experience. Based on the original Carbon-Z Cub, it's equipped with an abundance of new convenience, capability and flight performance-improving features. An updated wing design with drooped tips adds wing and aileron area for significantly improved slow speed handling, performance and control. The modified flap design allows them to travel both ways for full-span aileron and other mixing options, and thumbscrews make it easier to install and remove the two-piece wing without tools.
Articulated and shock-absorbing landing gear, equipped with even larger oversized tundra-style wheels with softer tires, offers better ground handling that soaks up the bumps of rough surfaces. The push-button released, top-mounted hatch offers convenient and easy access to the battery compartment – which now holds a quick-release, multi-position battery mounting tray that fits 4S to 6S 3200–7000mAh batteries. An improved motor design featuring an additional bearing, plus a propeller molded from material that better maintains balance and stiffness, results in smoother and more reliable power system performance. The composite-reinforced, hollow-core airframe arrives mostly factory-finished and assembled, and the installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages deliver crisp and precise control.
So whether you fly it slow and scale, or perform beyond-scale vertical takeoffs and aerobatics, the Carbon-Z Cub SS will offer unexpected levels of versatility, capability and performance you'll enjoy flight after flight!
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3–aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes it feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment- No Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.